Hello Goregous

Well, good morning New York. It's been as they say, a New York minute. I hope you missed me as I most certainly missed you. I got in a little earlier today and already I feel back at home. Today is February 14, 2024, which does in fact mean that it is Valentine's Day, the day for lovers. For those wondering if I came here to meet someone, take a deep breath and relax, this is a solo trip. But, as this is my second home I will be meeting up with some friends, really family if I'm being honest.

So, what's the occasion if not to be wined and dined on the most romantic day of the year? Well, I'm glad that you asked. You (New York) and I have some serious unfinished business. I moved to Atlanta almost two years ago, and I've got to tell you though, while Atlanta is great, he's no you. Even with the trash on the streets, the rats, and the noise, I can never stay away for too long. And I most certainly never can say goodbye. We've been through a lot together: crying on Ludlow, beefing with the bus driver on Canal, struggle meals with friends, graduating from college, and landing my first apartment just to name a few. I'm so grateful to you for all that you taught me, especially how to make a dollar stretch a million different ways. But although our relationship has been quite tumultuous in the past, I'm hoping we can smooth things out this time around. I'm older, I'm wiser, and this time, in the mood to have some fun. I'll be here for about a week, and I've got a few things on my agenda. For starters, I came to eat. Senegalese, French, Vietnamese, and of course Italian food is on the menu. I'll be going to my favorite Friday night poetry slam, a rave, and just hanging around. Maybe doing some shopping. 

As for tonight, I'll be doing something different, speed dating. As someone who hates online dating and is truly a homebody, this is a huge step for me. But let's not make it a big deal. I'm going in support of my friend (sister) who just experienced a breakup not too long ago. But who knows, anything can happen. No expectations though. I'm going into tonight with an open mind, and hopefully a little bit tipsy. I'm not a huge drinker but I will need to loosen up a bit I'm going to be socializing in a romantic capacity. Like I said, who knows. Love is most certainly in the air. My former roommate (sister) just got engaged a couple of days ago, and I couldn't be happier for her. Hopefully I'll get a chance to celebrate that milestone with her sometime this week. 

As for today's tunes, I'll be bumping a classic playlist, A Quiet Storm, back from when this blog was known as N. Ashari. I'm gonna take a quick nap then get dressed for the evening. But in the meantime, enjoy, and remember, while I possibly find the lover in me, this playlist is for the lover in you.


See You Soon,

Princess

Comments

Popular Posts